Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rain

is in the forecast again. I hope that it is finally going to happen. We had a tiny bit yesterday, but we are desperate here. It is soooo dry. Of course they are calling for snow this weekend, so I hope that part of the forecast is wrong. The dinner on Sunday was quite good. The only comment I might make is presentation. Everything was beige Chicken souvlaki, spanikopita (spinach pie) and roast potatoes. Pita and dip. Desert was phylo pastry, layered with custard and honey. The Greek Salad was on the tables and it was wonderful (I was able to avoid all the olives) The evening ended early so we were cleaned up and home by 9pm Being back at work on Monday was a bit of a shock after a week in Winnipeg. It has not been busy lately so I am catching up on my plan registrations. We had our first VCC meeting without an administrator on Monday. The financial reports were skimpy, but all of the work is getting done. They had about 13 applicants for the jobs and interviews will be next wednesday. I finally buckled down and did my cancer canvas this week (it is due on Friday) Every year I swear that I will do it early and every year I am last minute. Donations were up this year. Too many people with cancer touching our lives. Allergie season (and woodticks) upon us again. Sniffling and scratching. What more could one want to do with their lives. Enjoy the rest of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment