Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy dance

I'm so glad to hear that you're coming Beth. I know you've been thinking about it. However--ta da--yesterday Dianne told us that she has been accepted into Sioux Narrows and will be with us Friday and Saturday nights--maybe even Sunday. I know she isn't really family, but, she IS a friend and she makes me laugh--when she doesn't have pneumonia.

I know you need rain, Cathy. The ground here is very, very dry. But this is weekend is the "big sale" at Ft. Whyte. We have been snowed on and flooded in past years, and were hoping that this year we might have nice weather. So we'll truck on and hope for the best. All sorts of warnings about not planting too soon, but you see people out there woring like beavers. David has been puttering inthe yard. He does a bit and then rests for a bit. He has cut off the top of the beautiful pyramidal cedar in the back yard. It was just short of the Hydro lines, and we knew that there were problems ahead. I know it'll keep growing, but hopefully we've delayed the inevitible for a couple of years. I think it might prove expensive to cut down.

I have joined a couple of artists' groups. One is out in Selkirk, and I phoned and offered to volunteer up to 10 hours a month. I know they will be wanting more, but I'm determined to be firm here. The other is local and offers cheap classses to members. I want to get back to my sketching and painting. I've also decided to try Morning Pages again. Somehow the idea of a "brain dump" appeals. That way I can rant there and not dump my insecurities on you two.

This morning we are off to have David's eye measured for an implant. There was a cancellation, and he got in much earlier than expected. I also have to shop. Gillian's birthday was yesterday, and I forgot. It drives me crazy! I had it firmly fixed in my mind until last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment