Friday, June 4, 2010

Be - exciting day but not what was planned

We made a quick trip up to North Bay at 7 am this am with intent to check Mike's place and care for his animals ( he is now training in Borden for G8 Summit) and then come home to do some yard work before the rain comes again. To make a long story short ( if one can!) Mike's landlord went bankrupt and bank has taken over the house and two people from the Property Management on behalf of the holding Bank came to the house about 0830 am. They thought Mike had moved out and the place was vacant. Surprise!! There are 3 apt in this house with Mike on the main floor and only tenant with access to the basement for his storage use. The second floor is vacant but there are tenants on the third floor. We were able to sign the necessary paperwork re: changes to rent payments ( I need to send directly to the holding bank which is in Sask and I have never heard of the name) Also these people changed all the locks on the doors. Since we could not find the key in Mike's place for the basment, they merely hammered off the door lock that was there and replaced it. How easy it is to break into a place if you merely hammer off a lock! They took pictures of the basement and all it's possessions therein including all of Mike's things. I believe I mentioned to you before that Mike has not had hot water for about a month now - now we know that the gas was turned off. So these bank people say that the gas company will come in on Monday to hook it up again. I felt "dirty" in spite of not having anything to do with this situation except as advocates for our son who is a rentor. We were given a key to all the changed locks so we can have access still to check the house for Mike. So with all that was done, and then a bit of shopping we did not get home until about 3:30 pm. That was our quick trip! So once home, we went for a bike ride, and I made supper and here I am just before bed. I may watch the hockey game but the way I feel so wiped right now, I also may just go to bed.
Glad to hear you have your teeth again Patty but the saga seems to go on and on for you - I wish you successful resolution. I enjoyed those Somerset magazines you mentioned and also the book Artist's Way. There is no way I could sit and write three pages of Morning Pages every morning but in my own way, I take time to reflect in a similar manner to the approach of doing Morning Papers even if it is in my minds eye!
Hope you have a great weekend both of you - Cathy I can picture you sittting on your patio gazing at the garden, sipping a nice cold drink, and reading a good book. Good for you!
Take care fornow - talk with you again after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment