Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Be - Thanks for all the rain

So, you just had to send it all this way, did you? We have had nothing but wet and miserable weather. But it has allowed me to do some housework today instead of outside work. Yesterday we had lumber and bricks etc delivered for Harry's new greeenhouse that he is building - with my help, of course. So we moved all the materials from the driveway where they had been dumped to the back yard just in time to cover it up before the rain came.
We were in North Bay again yesterday for shopping, to check Mikes house and my violin lesson. I did better at the playing because I had actually been able to practice during the week, and my wrist was not throbbing as bad has it had been. I believe I must have a chronic repetative injury that exacerbates with any movement eg for gardening, or in the case of the violin, just holding it and trying to play the fingers on the strings. So I will have to grin and bear it if I intend to continue to play which I want to do.
Otherwise, the usual day to day activities keep me busy. I picked up another book at the library today. By the way I think I told you that I read a Mary Stewart book, but in fact it was by Mary Higgins Clark - I enjoyed it as I do mystery, murder types of writing. But today I took out a Danielle Steele book, so I will tell you how I liked it once done. I have really been enjoying the Faye Kellerman books Cathy - I think she was one author you had mentioned?
Well, bath time and then to bed to read. Tomorrow to Mothers and then a quick trip to North Bay to feed Mike's animals. On Saturday we go to North Bay to attend the Annual Recital for the Fiddle and Stepdance School. I am looking forward to attending but "to watch only" because I declined the opportunity to actually play. No one wants to hear me squeak and squack. I have been asked by my instructor to start to record my practicing at home to get an idea of how I actually sound - I did record and was absolutely astonished and terribly embarrassed that I sound so horrible. To think that she has to listen to that every week and then tell me how I am doing!! But the good part of recording is that I take the machine to the lesson and record her playing some of the tunes - then I can hear at home how they should sound, and try to emulate. Yeh, sure! Anyway, take care

No comments:

Post a Comment