Friday, June 4, 2010

teeth

Yes, I finally have my permanent fake teeth. They are very pretty, and fit well. Smooth--I love running my tongue over them. But--the day before I was to go I got a toothache in an entirely different part of my mouth! We had a chat and I said " I'm worried about this being the start of a domino effect" His reply wasn't reassuring--" I hope not!" Anyway, after putting in my teeth, he looked at the new area and found a cavity! I haven't had a cavity in years! Unfortunately it's around and under a crown. So-o-o--we are starting over again. I've maxed out my insurance coverage for the year, so the plan is to remove the crown ( ka-ching) treat the cavity ( probably including a root canel--ka-ching), put on a temporary crown, and try to wait out the next 6 months, until the insurance kicks in again, so we can replace the crown.

So last night, I took a whole bunch of my embroidery stuff to the garage sale at the Embroiderers' Guild. Made about $400! That's as good as I do in a 2 day sale of art! This means that I can buy some more supplies--probably paint and dye and fabric. I bought a copy of Sumerset Studio, for mixed media artists--I think I gave you a couple of back copies, Beth. Boy, has the price of this magazine gone down with the rise in the loonie! I've actually found a couple of techniques I want to try. I have 4 empty cigar boxes that I had put out for the sale yesterday, but I think I'm going to hang onto them and try some mixed media work. I also got a book fromthe library. Over a year ago, I had gone onthe website and recommended this book for purchase. It took awhile, but they bought it, and I'm the first person to read it. This is a great way to decide whether I want to actually buy a book for myself or not.

So I have a few things to keep me busy and off the streets over the next few days, when the forcast is for even more rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment