Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Be - Rain at last

It is a great feeling to see the rain coming - sparse as it is, at least it is wet and it is watering the gardens, and hopefully it will also relieve the forest fire dangers a bit here is the Northeastern Ontario area.
I am all clean (freshly bathed) and ready to sit and watch Game #3 of the Stanley Cup on TV. So far I have managed to stay up until the end of the second period on both Games 1 and 2, but had to give up both nights and go to bed with tiredness overwhelming me. Tonight I have a new book that I can start and read while I watch the game. I went to the Library this morning - walked up in the rain, and had time to look around a bit and discover a few authors that interested me. I look only in the Large Print section now as I am completely spoiled. The last book I read was a Jonathon Kellerman book ( Bones) that was in regular print and I have to admit to having difficulty getting through it. Have either of you read any Danielle Steele books? There are so many on the shelf that I wonder if they are just "cookie cutter" plots that one would soon tire of reading the same old predicable story?
Well, Harry bought himself an electric bicycle and he takes delivery tomorrow morning. He has had his mind on them for a while now, and he tried one out last Saturday. So Monday, he went to see about them and ordered one. It will be assembled and charged for him. Today, I took my manual bike out for a spin and it felt really energizing for me. I wonder if Harry will want to go for bike rides now every day? I'll let you know how it goes as I am sure you might get a kick out of these bikes, Patty and maybe be of interest to you!
Today I sorted through my clothes to see what I might need for the trip. I have been buying the odd blouse, top or slack every time we go into Recycle Resources or Value Village and by the look of things, I have plenty to choose from. They always say to pack your bag, and then take half of your clothes out before you leave. This holds true for me as I always seem to pack way more clothes than I actually use.
Tomorrow to Mothers again but this time we shall be going after lunch and stay for supper because of Harry going to get his new bike in the morning. It has been raining at her place as well, so that will be good news for her garden. It is all planted and growing nicely but the soil is similar to yours Cathy - very dry and sandy, so needs lots of moisture. The only time it gets watered is when we go.
Take care.......

No comments:

Post a Comment