Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day to day life

I seldom seem to have anything but small things happening in my life. We're not sure what that bright yellow globe in the sky is, but we will enjoy it while it is here. They are forecasting the possibility of thundershowers today, and heavy rain for Thursday & Friday. Hopefully they will be wrong, which isn't that unlikely. I think we forecast the weather better when we looked out the window, or checked to see if the tree leaves were up or down. We have all sorts of plans for tilling the garden and mowing the lawn, but, of course, everthing is still quite wet. It doesn't take long to dry on our sand. It has been so miserable that we haven't even dragged to pool. It's already the middle of June! Usually we have been in it by now. I have never had any luck with rose bushes. They always seem to die. The only one I ever had was in Sanford, and it had been there for years. I dug some up when we moved to Eden, but they only lasted a couple of months. They were a beautiful yellow. We were worried about having any dill come back this year. In the past we have had no luck at re-seeding. I guess dill likes cool wet weather, because we have a bed of dill that stretches from the dill, through the onions and to the peas. I hope the warmth & sun will help the garden, because even though you can see all the rows, nothing is growing. (except the grass ... not even weeds!) Jim is bbq-ing ribs for supper tonight. I will have to come up with something to go with them. Probably rice, as we have had a lot of pasta lately. We will have to borrow Jean's mower again this week as ours is not fixed yet. I sure hope this doesn't become a massive bill! We have had the mower since we moved here, so it doesn't owe us anything, but we really can't afford a new one. they are close to $3000 now. Time to get dressed and go outside and enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment