Friday, June 25, 2010

Exciting Lives....

Gee... Earthquakes and visiting world dignitaries.... somehow the two seem to belong together in my mind. Our weather is the same day after day... Chance of thunderstorms. The rain seems to have let up here, but it threatens every day. How about a nice normal sunny day? You must bring us some pictures of your yard Beth. I would love to see the garden and greenhouses. I really can't picture them. Maybe you can give me some suggestions on building a greenhouse here. I really want one, but don't know how to start. Should it be a nice freestanding building, or, more likely, a lean-to shanty. I too, have to make a dentist appointment. I have one tooth that has a loose filling and another that I can't chew on. I know neither will last until my next appointment in Janury. It's just that all my teeth are more filling than tooth, and I think he may have to give up on these two. I have one more week off work. I am still dreading going back, and am "catastrophizing" my return. I dreamed last night that they made me keep all the changes that Patty made at my desk, and I know that I do not want a couple of them. I will just quietly stop using them. The garden has grown a little bit and looks like a garden now. For a while I thought things would just sit there all year. The little bit of sun we have had made a difference. We filled the pool and as soon as we turned the filter on, the water turned red! Our neighbours always had that problem, but we have only had a little bit before. Perhaps the rain has affected the amount of silt in our water. The poor filter is working its heart out. Jim and I are working Meat Draw on July 2. I don't know if it will be extra busy or extra slow with Thursday being a holiday. There is a BBQ there on July 9. The annual ShopEasy BBQ in support of the LEgion. They do all the work and the profits go to the Legion. July 11 is the golf tournament. We were going with Rodney & Kristy, but I think we will switch and let Tim and Crystal go with them and we will go with Larry & Dennis. Tim is good friends with Rodney & Kristy, & Crystal is the same age and knows all three of them. Larry & Dennis are our age. Either way we will be one of the two first to tee off, as Crystal has to open the Bar, and Dennis is in charge of supper. Already the summer is slipping past so fast. I should be outside instead of sitting here at the computer. Sooo....... have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment