Tuesday, June 22, 2010

If you can't drive your kids crazy----

I guess I really did make them nuts, but the best strategy I came up with for time management--that allowed me actual time for myself--was power cooking. Two days a month of cooking in bulk, divide it into meals and you can sew for an extra two or three hours a week. But I do remember meals when the kids would ask how many of something they could have. I usually put a couple extra of whatever in the pot, and it always seemed to get eaten. And just look at my family--none of us appears to be starving to death!

It looks like I'm going to be giving one of David's great nieces Auntie Lorraine's old sewing machine. Faith is in her late teens, and designs her own clothes, but is sewing them together by hand! I hope no one is upset with me, but this looks like a "Good Thing". I'll be keeping the Pfaff as my back up machine. Lorraine's Elna is a beautiful machine, but I can't drop the feed dogs so can't use it for free motion work. Storage space is the real problem, as I also have the HuskyStar Embellisher. David stood in the studio the other day and looked around and said" Do you realize how much money I see sitting here?" Whoops! Didn't think anyone was counting.

Okay--bed time! Tomorow I have another dental appointment to investigate the toothache that I developed during my previous sessions. While I don't enjoy going to the dentist, it wasn't so bad until I reached the point in life when I have to pay for it myself. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment