Friday, June 18, 2010

Thunderbolt & lightening... very very frightening...

sometimes song lyrics just say it all. Actually, the thunder and lightening weren't all that scary (except to the dog), but the rain is still coming down. We got about 3 1/2 inches yesterday. My garden does NOT need watering. I am finding myself getting very frustrated with the work I am supposed to be doing for Viscount. I am sending in our operating grant, but I don't have the background information that I need. Not to mention how hard it is to do when I am at home and any information we do have is in Neepawa. I told them yesterday that this grant application will be a guestimate. I have not been baking in anticipation of your visit, Beth. But Lily Festival will be on, so we can eat hotdogs from the vender. Or better still, the Chip Truck will be here and we can have some French Fries! Oh yeah! Last year the fudge man was here with soooo many flavours of fudge! I should warn you now, that we WILL be going to the parade and down to the legion afterward. The pipe bands have a jam session there. (if you can imagine 15 bagpipers and drummers in the clubroom!) I hope we have some more decent weather before I go back to work. There is still a lot of stuff to be done outside. There's lots to be done inside too, but I don't feel like doing housework! I should wash the floors I guess, but it seems so useless when it is either muddy paw prints or sand all over them. One or the other. I made Jim buy a lotto max ticket yesterday. We were playing crib and he started with a 28 hand and never slowed down. I figured maybe it was his lucky day. I sure hope so. Tim and Mady get here on July 9. Mady is only bringing one friend. She had said two, but when I mentioned that to Tim he almost had a heart attack... There is no way he is going to be stuck with 3 teenagers. Two is bad enough. The Legion Golf tournament is on July 11, so we are in that, and we are planning to have a 40th birthday party for Tim. Rodney & Kristy will help us plan that since they know all his friends here. Of course, if it keeps raining like this I don't think it will matter. Time for some food. (and you thought you were gaining weight... you should see me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment