Saturday, June 12, 2010

Small things

When we started this, part of the idea was that if we could become part of the small things in each other's lives, as well as the big events, it might bring us closer. Those big events are few and far between these days! So I'm pleased to hear about your rose, Beth. Please let us know how it makes out.

We had so much winter kill this year that our two roses finally gave up the fight--after a couple of years of neglect. I had a rose at the house on Woodside. It was very hardy, coming back beautifully year after year. The planter we moved up to the house, on the patio, is doing very well. I had thought that we would have to water it regularly, as it's against the east side of the house and the prevailling winds/rain usually come from the west. Not this year! But the rain is starting to get to me--and I spend most of my life in the basement! The ferns are doing well, though.

Today is more drizzle. Just enough to keep you in the house-given a choice. We are watching the church across the street setting up their annual yard sale. They never advertise, but we now know that it is always the second Saturday in June. We tend to wander over periodically to see what's there. A couple of years ago I bought several huge bags of romance novels that kept me going to months--there may still be a couple around. David has been over and said that they have hundreds of ring binders, and more Chirstmas decorations than one family could ever use. Since my interest is usually dishes, guess there is no point in going.

I'm still trying to clear out the "junk" in the house. Amber wants it gone before I go. I think I've gone just about as far as I can with the studio. There are still dishes around, and of course, my books. The books will be the biggie ( even bigger than the studio, if you can believe it). Part of the problem is that I keep buying more books. David has taken to donating the novels to the public library, and the tax receipts are welcome. But I ordered three books off Amazon on Wednesday, and they arrived yesterday afternoon. Wow! Talk about service! So now I have some leisurely reading with my morning coffee for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment