Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to work

Everyone left by 6am yesterday. They were going to be up and away by 5, but at 5:15 Jim went and knocked on their door. I did nothing yesterday. It was wonderful. Satuday we went to Rodney & Kristy's, but I was so tired I went and lay down in the back of the truck. Jim took me home before Supper. I had a swim and a drink with Rrain and went to bed. I finished 2 books yesterday and started a third. My idea of vacation. (finally) I hope I remember how to work. It has been 2 weeks! Unfortunately that seems to be like riding a bike. Maybe they changed things while I was gone and my jobs no longer exist! It was supposed to rain today, but now they are forcasting a high of 31 and a chance of thundershowers tonight. Good thing we didn;t believe the forcast and watered the garden last evening. I will have to start doing some carrots and beets soon. I can just do a few of those every evening. It is not like things that all mature at once and you have a whole days work ahead of you. Our tomatoes still are green. No sign of red on any of them. Usually we are eating them by now. And the cucumbers are very slow. Only one or two ready at a time. I know I will wake up one morning and the entire garden will be full. Today I am thankful for yesterday's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment