Monday, August 29, 2011

Be - And we are off on another week.....

Hi – another day at Mothers and then some yard work at home. I even started to do some ironing as I have fallen behind with that. Yesterday at the reunion of the Smith family (Aunt Ev and Uncle Walter) proved interesting for Harry and I. The entire family but for three members attended for a total of 28 folks. They have five children and they each have their children some grown, and some younger. Lots of food and fun. Poor Aunt Ev was overwhelmed with care for Uncle Walter and of course I helped her out. I wonder how families act so differently. One of the kids stood by and said "Oh, Mom has to always do it her way" as they watched her carrying the walker, and trying to get Uncle Walter out to the car. I told Aunt Ev that I would get the walker from her car, and another kid said "Oh she is OK!" Today Harry's brother told him that they are just going to leave his wife's father alone and not visit or help him in the apt while her mother is in the hospital because he is so stubborn. I suggested to Harry, that if that is the expected way to deal with parents, perhaps we, too, should abandon his Mother? Oh well, life goes on........Must keep this short for now. Hoping that Patty had a good weekend at the Lake and is back home? How are you doing with your garden these days Cathy? Glad I like cucumbers and tomatoes as that seems to be all I am eating trying to get rid of them haha Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment