Thursday, August 4, 2011

The work continues

Today was a "puddly" day.  All of the the minor, nuisence, loose ends of painting a room.  We hung my applique rabbit picture, and he fits beautifully.  There were a couple of small painted patches to finish, and David re-siliconed the back of the counter behind the sink.  We still haven't cleaned up and re-hung the blinds, as we are going to have to get an electrician in to fix/replace the fluorescent lights over the sink.  I know I'm going to have to replace my yellow wall clock, and the floral spray over the sink, but those aren't a priority right now.  Several years ago I got a gift certificate from a local furniture store, and may try to use it for a new table lamp.  The old one was bought when we moved into the house on Woodside

Before this all started, I had a "to do" list for the kitchen, and we were able to cross off a couple of items.  Two "biggies" left are to re-organize the pantry shelves and clean the fridge and freezer. It's a good time for those as the fridge is pretty well empty right now.  Just need to find some energy, but I need it before Saturday, as we plan to visit the farmer's market for veggies.

So what am I grateful for today?  I'm grateful that my shoulder is getting less and less painful and I'm now able to do a few jobs that gave me grief a month ago.  And again, I'm grateful for David and his willingness to tackle these lengthy and frustrating jobs, such as painting the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment