Saturday, August 6, 2011

We're never satisfied

We went through one of the wettest springs ever, and now we are asking for rain. It has been very hot and dry. There is dust blowing everywhere you look. Jim is hoping for rain tomorrow, so he is out mowing some of the lawn. Most of it is dead and brown, but there are some spots (mostly where the hose leaks) that are lush and green. We will have to water the garden agan tonight, and I have been watering the flowers every evening. My first week of holidays went fast, but I think I got some things done. The mess in the office is down to one box, and the bedrooms are tidied. The floors are washed, and the bathroom clean. Of course it will be messy by this time tomorrow. Tim and his girlfriend and their girls arrive sometime on Monday. We are just playing it by ear right now, but I know that we are having turkey and the fish. We still have to set up the tent for the girls. ( and for Cheryl's dog.. it is used to sleeping on the bed, but we try not to let dogs upstairs in our house.) We are still trying to clean the pool. I think it will last at least another week. We ordered in Chinese food for Jim's birthday. There was a whole order of breaded shrimp. I had 4.... Jim had 11. I told him that was his birthday present. Except that Rrain bought a container of Jujubes and I told them there were a present too. This is our first weekend without having to clean the office. It actually feels like I am forgetting to do something. I haven't been back to the office since the first day when Mallorie needed help. One more ENTIRE week to go. I am pretty thankful that the week is still ahead of me, and not already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment