Saturday, August 27, 2011

Here I am again, at least for now...........

Apparently, I have found a way to get onto the blog – not conventional way, though, but nevertheless seems to work – for now.
I have missed my regular rants to you but I have also enjoyed sitting in on your conversations.
I had a chance to spend a bit of time this morning fooling around with the settings. There is one setting where you choose an email address and then send an email to that address that will post automatically to the blog. I have no idea where else it might go, but my test message did post on the blog. So we'll go this way for now until perhaps we can figure out why I cannot publish the usual way.
We suffered through the severe storm/ tornado warnings this past week on Wednesday. It was decided that one of us should go to Mothers to be with her, so off I went!! It did not hit very bad in Sprucedale but caused lots of damage in Sundridge. Harry was left at home to try to fight the water but eventually gave up. He tried to shovel it at the front of the house but the electrical storm / lightening forced him inside. Our driveway was washed out, and all the yard messed up with flowing rivers of rain water carrying with it the cedar mulch and loose pine needles etc. The road at our back driveway was washed out as well. Tornados did hit further south but fortunately not in our area. The good part was that we did not have to water the garden the next day haha! Other than that, we are busy most days harvesting vegetables and canning, making juice. One day I was up the apple trees picking crabapples which were made into juice. On Friday we went into the Cranberry Marsh and picked tons of berrys that were then made into juice in the afternoon. Remember of course, that the walk into the Marsh is a few kilometers through bush, but on a trail. And while Harry continued picking, I went further along the trail to the end where it meets Lake Nipissing and had a nice sit by myself watching the Lake, and I thought of you Patty at McConnell Lake this weekend. This afternoon we watched the Funeral of Jack Layton on TV. Sad occasion but a very moving ceremony. Hallejuliah was sung by Steven Page and I couldn't help thinking about us buying KD Langs CD with that song on Patty at Chapters. Tomorrow we go to Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Walters cottage on Eagle Lake out side of South River (next town north) They are having a family get together and Aunt Ev wanted Harry and I to attend because we have been such a good help to her with Uncle Walter. We will be taking a cheese tray which will have to be prepared in the morning. And Harry bought two fold up lawn chairs today at a garage sale for us to sit on. Anyway, I hope this will now post and that I shall once again be part of the gang!! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment