Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You just never know what will happen

I'm back at work now (oh boy!) Tim got home Sunday evening; went to work on Monday: was on call until 2am; woke up on Tuesday at about 9am and went to the hospital. They took out his appendix last night! I figure that is a heck of a way to extend your holiday. Mallorie went into her garden Monday night, tripped and fell and broke her arm. She is off for a couple of weeks. Meanwhile Elizabeth is on holidays. That leaves me, Patty and the summer student, Paul. And tomorrow the auditors arrive. This is a heck of a welcome back to work. I am tired today but Dauphin is helping with our work. I do all the verifying and then fax everything to them. Someone there accepts it for me and then I "sign" their name and put it aside for tomorrow. Anything that needs fixing I phone for the correction and keep it here until the correction arrives (or if it is really bad I reject it and they have to send it back corrected) I also do all my own work, plus plans and I get all the phone calls that would normally go to Mallorie or Elizabeth. Do I sound like I am complaining?? (bitch bitch bitch) I don't mind doing all the work, but I just wish I could get paid for it! I was supposed to have a meeting at 5:30 this evening but we couldn't get a quorum so I called an executive meeting for 4pm and we were out of there early. I really didn't feel like hanging around a meeting until 7:30. We have no rain either. They keep issuing storm warnings but the clouds just pass over us and nothing happens. I know that most farmers are starting to harvest what they have and don't really want rain now, but we do need it. It is so dry. I hope the auditors are quick tomorrow. Without anyone else there they will be dealing only with me so I hope I haven't been making a lot of mistakes. I guess I will find out. Today I am grateful for the glass of wine I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment