Friday, August 12, 2011

Solitude...for a while

There is just Jim and I in the house right now. Quiet. Everyone went somewhere else last night. Kristy came over for supper and Rrain made butter chicken.... Yummy. It's true what they say about holidays...... I need to go back to work for a rest. Tonight we are having a fish fry. I have no idea how many people will be here. Hopefully less than 20. Tomorrow Rodney & Kristy have invited us all over, and on Sunday everyone leaves for home. Monday it is back to work and peace & quiet. Jim bought a truck yesterday. He (we) traded in the Impala on a Silverado. It is just your basic crew cab truck. Nothing fancy, but it is much higher off the ground than the car was and it has 4 wheel drive. I was so sick of getting stuck with the car last winter. Poor Rrain. It was a sudden decision on Jim's part and she had no warning, so yesterday, out of the goodness of her heart, she filled the car with gas. Oh well. They put $50.00 dollars in, which is more than normal, just because the car was full. The mileage won't be that good in the truck, but I am just so glad I will be able to go through snow. Of course we now have to pay a fortune every month for the next 5 years. It finally rained last night after a week of thunderstorm watches that never happened. It is still raining a bit now, but hopefully it will stop before supper tonight. It won't be cold, so we can always sit in the garage. The Hutterites (read Sam) gave us some ripe tomotoes (and lots of other stuff) so I have been making a cucumber tomato salad. No dressing... just chopped cucumbers and tomatoes. It has been going fast. I am not sure why I worked so hard my first week of holidays to make the house presentable. It is worse than ever now, so we will be cleaning again next week. You can't expect anything different with 3 dogs running around (sometimes 4) and kids in and out constantly. At least people seem to be having fun. I really like Tim's girlfriend this time. She is helpful and funny and joins in everything. The last one didn't want to do anything and she didn't like kids. Cheryl has 3 girls, but only the youngest is at home. She also disciplines Maddie and treats her just like her own daughter. That is good for Maddie. Jim has infomred me that he and Rrain decided to order french fries from Chicken Delight for supper tonight. That sure makes it easier on me. I was going to make a huge pot of rice, but Fries are much nicer with fish. Today, believe it or not, I am thankful for having family that gets along.

No comments:

Post a Comment