Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Be - a full day in the yard

But I did buy a lottery ticket for tonight so all is well!! We expect the roofers next week so today not only were we picking crab apples and larger apples, but also trimming the tree branches that have taken over and spread over the roof. The trees in the back yard are beyond manageable and really far too large now for us to try to cut. And who can afford the Tree Service? But, Harry got onto the roof and started to saw limbs and threw them down and then I hauled them to the side of the road. The township truck will pick up brush if you leave it by the road. And I cleaned up around the house to make sure the men can get around. They only asked that the driveway be free for them to put the trailer for taking the old shingles away. I don't know where the load of new roofing will be dumped but I guess they will figure that out? They said all the tomatoes and plants won't be in their way but nevertheless I moved a lot of them today. It seems to be the year for roofs to be done around this neighbourhood – I count at least six houses on the two streets beside us have already been done, with one almost completed these last two days. I pray for nice weather as I wouldn't want it to be rainy but really have no control over that, right?
I loved to see the pictures Patty and glad you got the girls into the water – I remember last year they were less than eager to get in so we did a lot of sitting on the dock/steps. I am curious about the porridge – was it the steel cuts oats that you cooked in the double boiler – if so, I must try it that way – I have always just boiled it in a pot. I suspect though, it was just rolled oats that you cooked.
I started to read a P.D. James novel and I have to say it is slow to get into. She writes in such detail, and using a vocabulary that is very hard to read ie words that one does not usually use, and quite frankly many that I don't understand. So I will continue as the story is starting to get a bit interesting, and I may start to gloss over some of the intricate details.
Tomorrow to Mothers (aren't you getting sick of me always saying that? haha) Harry made a meatball spaghetti sauce today, and I will serve it with linguine noodles for lunch tomorrow. Anyway, time to go...... take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment