Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My life seems boring!

All I seem to do is go to work and come home... quite often to a house full of people! Things at work should slow down a bit for me. Patty is back tomorrow and Mallorie is working half time with her broken arm. It must be hard to handle documents and type with only one arm. Our summer student is there until Sept 2 and then it is back to just the 4 of us. Patty and I worked pretty good on sharing the searches. We just sort of grab one when we have a chance. poor Rrain keeps finding more things at VCC that were not done right. You would think that you could have confidence in your staff, but I guess we were misled a bit for a while. Rrain and Kathleen will sort it all out. I didn't even give it a thought, but I missed a couple of deadlines for ACT this month. I just haven't been on top of things........ Maybe later. Tim is doing good after his emergency appendectomy.... I told him that was a heck of a way to get more holidays. Work one day and then be off for 2 weeks. He was even at the lake last weekend... Must be tough. It wasn't a good year for potatoes or cucumbers. We have had hardly any cukes and we need at least 4 hllls of potatoes to feed the 3 of us. Good thing I didn't need any pickles this year. It looks like we will have a lot of tomatoes, though. Rrain wants to make salsa, and I want to do some more tomato sauce and junk. As to when I will have the energy,.... I don't know. It is only 8 pm right now and I am going to go to bed and read after this. Talk about lazy! We finally went for a quad ride on Sunday. It was fun. I was sure we were going to tip over at one point. It was a sharp turn on a hill and Jim didn't slow down in time. Little bit of excitement It was still a nice day. Rrain made hamburgers for supper tonight. The good ones that are greasy and run down your chin when you bite into them. I ate 2. I should have stopped at one, but my stomach didn't catch up until I was almost finished the second. Tomorrow is hump day.... the week is almost over. Today I am grateful that there is a wind to cool us down. It was over 100 F today in the shade. No rain in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment