Saturday, August 27, 2011

Good or bad

I guess I was the only one that wasn't ready for another dog. The Hutterites were over yesterday with a dog they were going to clean up and see if a guy in another colony wanted it. He is 1 1/2 and his name is Chase. I still am not ready, but Nika likes him and Jim does too. He is a very quiet dog (he hasn't barked yet) and he was so dirty. He had been living at Dinwoodies (which means nothing to you, but he has had his livestock taken from him before). They had washed him before we saw him, but he was still a mess. Jim and I washed him this morning and cut out a lot of clumps but he is still ratty looking. He is a collie, blue healer, pyranees and ??? cross, a little smaller than Nika. I guess we have a dog, but I still miss Chi. Rrain is in Winnipeg tonight. She borrowed Nancy's car and went in to a friends. I think she really needed to get away. JIm is outside with Curtis & Ryan (the two that brought the dog over) I am inside with April (her husband has taken off again and really hope that she will not take him back again. ) Her kids are outside playing with the dogs. They were upset about Chi. When they came over after she died they each wrote a letter to Chi and read it over her grave. We then put the letters in a small cardboard box and buried them on top of the grave. It seemed to help them get over it, but Jim wouldn't come with us. He stayed on the edge of the garden and watched. He is like you Beth. He needed to get another dog right away. Chase does not chase the cat. He couldn't care less about him. I guess I better go and rescue Jim from the kids. He grumbles, but he is pretty good about playing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment