Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yesterday (Monday)

What a strange day!  Nothing seemed to go right.  We were talking about painting the livingroom and what colour we might use.  The previous colour was based on the sheers over the window, that I inherited from the previous owners.  So we decided to wash them ( they've been washed before) just to make sure that the process wouldn't cause them to fall apart.  It didn't, but a couple of the little runners on the rail that supports the sheers did break.  So we shopped and discovered that no one sells these little gadgets.  They can't be replaced. So the sheers are re-hung--sort of.

I suddenly remembered that I will need a ride from the Kelowna airport to the conference center when I go on the FAN retreat at the end of September.  So I contacted the organizer and stirred up a can of worms that resulted in several e-mails within group's Yahoo, site from several sources.  It seems that everyone had questions, but I would have had to hire a van for the 1 1/2h ride, and if one was not available I would have had to take a cab. K-a-ching!  So, I had to change my flight.  Do you know what is involved in changing an Air Miles flight?  Well, after much time and a few dollars, 'tis done.  Now I have to fly from Winnipeg to Vancouver, and then back to Kelowna, but I get into Kelowna at 9:35 am instead of 5:30 pm--which would have had me arriving at around 8:00pm for a conference that starts at 3:00pm.  And opening my computer this morning, there is a further message offering me a ride at no charge, with pick up at the airport around noon.

While I was doing this, David was fighting his way through Shaw Cable, trying to sort out what we need to do about the enforcement of hi-def tv.   It seems that Sahw will not discuss any option except having their installer come out to put a box on our tv.  David tried this awhile back with no success, and we believe that our only option is to buy a new tv--some time in the future. The installer will be here Friday morning.

Now, for Monday, I'm grateful for white wine, and the resulting good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment