Friday, August 19, 2011

Puttering going well

The living room is finished.  I have only re-hung one picture, and that in a different place.  The others require some thought, and may not ever get up again.  Since David filled all of the holes in the plaster before painting, we have to measure out every picture.  Tried to hang the stained glass mirror in the hall.  We measured and marked and measured again.  When he finally put the nails in, he found that the old holes were only off by a fraction--could have used them as markers!

I have allergy testing scheduled for September 15th and thought that I should maybe be making some notes about what appears to bother me, and when.  Been keeping track for about a week and realized that my morning coffee may be causing problems, so this morning had tea.  ( A lot of tea.  A 16oz mug of Morning Thunder and then 3 more of Orange Pekoe--the stuff I keep around for Jim)  What a difference!  I could sure tell that I'ld been caffinated, but no nausea and general malaise--both things that have been plaguing me for awhile.  Now, I drink my tea clear and use Splenda in the coffee, so I'm not going to blame the coffee just yet.  Cofffee has been a big part of my life for years. I have a hunch this problem started when I switched from Sugar Twin to Splenda.  Not blaming--just saying!  But it made me think of the two years that I drove to work with Daddy.  We would get up, eat, and drink our tea, jump in the car and the first words spoken were when I said good bye as he dropped me off.  I didn't start to drink coffee until I was first pregnant.

But today was great.  I had a good night's sleep, which always helps but I had energy ( that caffiene again?) and generally was much more aware of what was going on and what I was doing.  Didn't even have a nap--and those have been a regular part of my day for awhile now.  And tonight I won a poker tournament--been a long wait for that, but maybe it speaks to me being more alert.

So for today I'm grateful for having the best day I've had in months!

No comments:

Post a Comment