Friday, February 10, 2012

Caution!

A caution is not as strong as a warning.  Yes, I tried another of the cake mixes we bought when we were in  Minnesota.  Betty Crocker Supreme Bars--cookie brownie.  In this case we made a brownie base and then some chocolate chip cookie dough, which was dropped, by spoonfuls, on top of the uncooked brownie, and then both put in the oven to bake.  This was not unpleasant, just a little weird and very sweet.  Reminded me of when Mom developed a craving for sweet things and used to make chocolate chip cookies and then flatten them with a fork dipped in sugar.  I seem to remember her not wanting to bother with making cookies out of the dough and just flattening it in a pizza pan and sprinkling it with sugar before cooking it.  If I'm right we used to just break pieces off the huge cookie to eat.  A few years later people were making big money selling such a cookie as a special treat (without the sugar on top, of course)

I hope your greenhouse survives, Beth.  We're really in a deep freeze here. But the forecast is for more normal temperatures by Sunday.  I figured it out, that with the milder temperatures generally, and the fact that we are in the middle of February, we can afford to have the house one or two degrees warmer.  We both wear sweat jackets most of the time, and I sometimes wear an undershirt and vest as well, when I'm working in the basement.  Now we'll probably get used to the warmer house and start to feel the cold again.

David has asked me to ask you, Beth, how your cactus is doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment