Monday, February 6, 2012

Walking

I am ever so happy that I have a dog with whom I can walk – or make the excuse to go out because the dog needs a walk! Today was a great walking day in spite of mild temperatures making the roadways slick in some places. I wear my big white snow boots and take every step with caution. There is a long trail at the top of our street accessed mostly by snow machines in winter which makes for a nice walking trail so this afternoon I took the dog purposely down that trail. She seemed almost spooked because she has not been that way before and because she was jumpy, so was I a little bit. But no unexpected events occurred and no snow machines came by so we had the trail to ourselves and it was a glorious sun filled walk – somewhat tiring though. It seems my exercise shall have to be walking which is OK by me. In the summer I was able to puddle around the yard which gave me exercise, but in winter there are few options. I tried to do the ice skating thing but have only gone once so far – the schedule for public skating just isn't congruent with life as I know it.  Harry's brother had surgery today but we are still not too sure what – his wife is a poor communicator and not to be believed most times – she was telling everyone that Ted was having his leg cut off??? until Harry told her that he was not. Harry called his room a few minutes ago and he answered to say he just got back from the recovery room but was still groggy and asked Harry to call back later. Maybe we'll get things straightened out once Harry can speak with him. Don't know if we will be visiting him again this week or not. Tomorrow is our weekly trek to North Bay for shopping – maybe I can look at more cloths for my trip!!! NOT! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment