Sunday, February 5, 2012

the "game" is about to begin

The Super Bowl is just starting on the TV which signals my departure to bed. I really do not like NFL and especially the hype around this game. I'm actually surprised that  CTV is showing it but I somehow think that the super priced half time commercials may not be shown on the Canadian stations, but I may be wrong. The greenhouse is in major production now and busy weekend getting it all organized and heaters functioning, and breaking thermometers and running to hardware to buy more etc etc. And throw in a trip to Sudbury to visit Harry's brother and all in all a busy time. I spent some hours today sorting through old paperwork and shredding same. I could not remember if the time period for saving income tax was 7 years or ten years so I erred on the side of precaution and got rid of all the tons of paper I had been saving from years previous to 2002. The shredded paper goes into the compost so its all used, and is a good use of time, albeit, very time consuming! We went to Sprucedale to check on the house Saturday and slipped into the Flea Market the Seniors hold every Sat – there I bought a VHS of White Christmas and a DVD of True Lies. (cost me a total of $1.25) I think I mentioned that I am trying to accumulate a collection of some old Christmas Classics thus White Christmas with Bing Crosby, and the True Lies is because I like that movie even if it is with Arnold Schwartzenagger (?spelling) And I found a copy of South Pacific in our cabinet a while ago, so last night was my movie night and I watched White Christmas, and then South Pacific. Lots of singing and dancing to keep me amused. I guess I shall have to wait before I see Arnold. Not much luck with the Lotteries lately, but I shall not give up – you never know when our numbers will come in haha Harry has been having luck selling some of our "stuff" on Kijiji. I told you I started to clean up in the basement and try to rid ourselves of all the extra ie kettles, coffee machines, deep fryers etc Three boxes have been sold and delivered to buyers in North Bay and another going on Tuesday. Not money makers at $5.00 and $10.00 but a little bit to add to the coffers anyway. Two other boxes have been given to the Thrift Store, and I have given two bags of books to Value Village. No, there is no evidence yet of it making a difference, but in my head, I know that I am starting to try, and that is the main thing, right? Onwards to another week for all of you – take care

No comments:

Post a Comment