Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Slip sliding away......

We have a lot of ice here now, too. I usually slow down as I pull into the garage, but there is so much ice that I can't get the truck to move forward when I go slow. I have to put it into 4 wheel drive and give it a boot!!! The sidewalks and street in town are all ice too. Temps are back to normal this week, but that is okay... it is already February and spring is on the way. I hope Harry feels better soon, Beth. It really sucks to fall like that. I'm sure that not only his arm hurts, but most of his body too. the new person started at work yesterday. She seems very nice and is looking for work to do. It is hard to find things when she has no ID for the computer system. She is willing to file, though, so I have someone to help me there. I have 3 plans to do right now, but I got 3 done last week. Sometimes you get a break and then they all arrive at once. Work has been steady, but it is the Mines and Mineral searches that are driving us nuts. It is now economically feasible to search for minerals in our area, so people are scrambling ot find out if they own any. We don't have any green houses to start up, but Rrain and I have been planning some garden plants. She wants to have eggplant and I want to grow spagetti squash again. I am not going to bother with corn this year. We never get much and the Hutterites have such sweet corn. I am trying to get some time off work between the 21 & 28th of July. Let me know what would be the best days to try for. Patty is taking the week before and after her wedding off, but I explained to Elizabeth why I wanted time off and she said to pencil in a couple of days and we could see what we can do. Shirley (the new one) seems quite intelligent and wants to learn as much as she can. (What a change) I quess I better do some committee work now. I really don't feel on top of things, so I need to pick up my socks. Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment