Saturday, February 18, 2012

Did I shock you ?

I guess I must have shocked you all to silence with my exciting news about a haircut! No worries because I got a short shag cut and she cut it so that by mid or late June I can have a permanent in preparation for my trip in July. Lots of poor weather this week so had me busy shovelling hard packed heavy snow from the driveway and then had to shovel the snow off the roof of the second greenhouse as it appeared to be heaving the rafters. I managed just fine with a ladder I moved around the structure and balanced softy to keep straight and a light shovel to gently remove the snow without causing damage to any more of the glass top. I think I told you that one pane shattered during the winter and thus this greenhouse is not useful for planting this spring. Today I cook the turkey that has been calling to me from the front stairs haha It is time as it will be milder soon and best to clean up what I had out there for winter freezing. This is a long weekend in Ontario – Family Day on Monday – I can't remember if Manitoba also has a holiday around this time of year. I walked the dog down to the lake early this morning as there is supposed to be family activities on the ice but saw nothing in terms of preparations ie cleared ice for skating etc. But very interesting to see all the sleds and truck and trailers heading out onto the ice to go fishing. There is a nice little community of huts set up right in the middle of the lake and it looks like a whole bunch of little ants working away out there, with the trucks driving back and forth. Actually last night I went that way as well and could see many of the ice shacks with lights flickering in the dark so some very dedicated souls were spending the night time there I guess.  There is an outfitter store just on the corner of the street and is always busy with folks buying bait and other equipment. And the parking lot by the lake is full of big expensive trucks attached to huge trailers – just perfect for hauling sleds and equipment. Must be nice!! So to you all, have a great weekend Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment