Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The adventure continues

have just returned from the Plastic Surgery Emergency clinic.  ( I was called and told to come as a "walk-in")  Was carefully examined by a 4thyear medical student, who took my hand through an extensive Range of Motion examination, even though I told her that I had been told not to bend my finger.  When I actually saw the plastic surgeon, she confirmed that the joint must be immobilized for 6 weeks, starting from today, (as what the medical student had done was a "no no").  Then she wanted to give me a more rigid and encompassing splint, but they didn't have one small enough for my finger!  So she is referring me to OT to have splint custom made.  Thank Goodness they gave me the original splint back, so that's what I'm wearing, and we'll see what the OT comes up with. I'm getting quite used to this little thing, and it seems to be doing the job.

On my Quilt Art Internet group there is a conversation about bad teachers and the things they do.  I'm reading everything very carefully, to make sure that I don't behave like a "bad teacher" on Saturday.  This morning we "power cooked", more or less.  We had cooked a chicken on Sunday and a roast of beef  yesterday.  I have everything ready for a chicken/pepper/noodle stir fry for tonight, a large chicken/K.D. casserole and two shepherd's pies in the freezer.  That should keep us in food for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment