Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sausages - more talk.....

....perhaps we are getting tired of all this "sausage talk" but here's yet another sausage enquiry. Driving around in the van today on errands, my mind began to wander from one of our conversation topics to another and yet another, until it ended somehow years ago at home where Dad was retrieving frozen Pigs in Blankets from the rafters outside and above the back door for Mom. Now, I ask you both, what did we do with them once in the house to be eaten? How did she/he make them and how were they served. I believe for  guests visiting at Christmas time but sure hope you can fill in the details for me!
It sounds by Patty's last message that you two shall be seeing each other soon? Hope you actually have time to spend together but it sounds as if it may be quick trips with buying fabric etc? Talk of Plumas reminds me of going to Plumas to a baseball tournament when I came with the boys when they were young – am I right Cathy? It serves to firm my resolve even more to make the trek this summer so that I , too, can see you both. You are really  close in distance between Winnipeg and Neepawa – so different from me living to hell and gone....haha. I have bought two new outfits so far for the trip (at my usual cheap store) and must really go through what clothes I have already before starting to spend so far ahead of the date of departure. Mind you the two outfits cost in total less than $20.00 so I really should not worry.
It is February the first, and the heater went on in the little greenhouse this morning! There are already boxes of seeds planted and in the porch windows but as soon as the temp in the green house stabilizes, I expect they will be moved. And so it begins again..... We lost a window in the glass greenhouse this winter in the roof and unfortunately we will not be able to use it until it can be fixed which will be in late spring or summer so likely no heaters and plants in there for awhile. The snow was a bit too heavy before we could clean it off and during the shovelling procedure the glass cracked and then fell in shards into the greenhouse. We were able to get a piece of plywood over the broken part but only to keep the rest of the glass and snow from falling in.   Take care for now

No comments:

Post a Comment