Sunday, February 26, 2012

Not really boring but.....

perhaps just steady, "keep at it" activities that consumes ones time from morning to night. I believe we seem to all be at that stage right now as we tire of winter and look forward to spring – renewal time, after all! We were also hit with that the constant snow for days with wind and cold and that kept me busy for quite a while. Snow shovelling and car cleaning and especially keeping the greenhouse going. Harry has many plants growing now and the little greenhouse is almost full but requires vigilance to keep it warm with the one heater on constantly. Last night it went to –24 degrees C but since I had covered it up with quilts and blankets it kept its warmth overnight to acceptable temperatures but not ideal. I have to remove the covers this morning and let the sun shine in, and then tonight cover again as it is supposed to be just as cold, but tomorrow expected to warm up to better overnight temps. And you think your life is boring........haha
I have been sorting through jewellery (in my spare time!) and amazed at how many wonderful little pieces have accumulated over the years – mostly what Harry has bought in bags at Value Village or at garage sales etc. What a shame to see it all and not be able to use most of it – I always have imagined some as embellishments on works of art which will never materialize so there they sit! I frequently wear the same old earrings and necklaces or brooches, or lately I have had some studs in my ears and haven't even put on fancier ones. 
My highlight this past week was to cook a roast beef and then the next day grind it up and made a shepherd's pie. It was delicious and worth all the planning and anticipation. Today it will be a salmon loaf for supper and I found a recipe for cabbage and potato casserole that will use up the cabbage that has been sitting in the fridge and it actually sounds nice with cheese added. Time will tell.
So here's to a new week full of the unexpected – mostly hoping that this recent little taste of "winter with a vengeance" has played itself out and we can get on with spring. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment