Saturday, February 18, 2012

Family weekend

Not much scheduled at this house, but Festival du Voyageur started yesterday--with no snow and warm temperatures.  Last year they had to cancel events because of extreme cold.  Go figure!  Still, I remember marshaling a Festival Parade in shirt sleeves, many years ago, and we often mention the Bonspiel Thaw  that seems to happen in the middle of February every year.  So this is nothing new.

I think Beth should plan her activities in July around your schedule, Cathy.  We can be very flexible, other than not being able to get cheap hotel rooms for Friday or Saturday nights.  I won't confirm my space in the Pinawa  Art show until we have settled on our times together.  I missed Pinawa last year and I can miss this year too.

Today we drive out to Selkirk to pick up some more handouts for The Canadian Content Fibre Art Show.  I'm spending a lot of time on the computer trying to work out volunteers for that.  And the organization has recognized the need for media packages, so me mentioning the newspaper, in Neepawa, in one of my e-mails, may result in some changes in how FAN does business.

No comments:

Post a Comment