Monday, August 20, 2012

A few glitches during the day

....just enough to prove we always have to earn our grace haha Harry made another batch of tomato sauce which needs to boil off and cook in the oven. I glanced at the control panel only to see all the lights flashing and an audible ding ding ding. At first we could turn the oven off and then turn it on again, but then everything shut down. Fortunately, the tomatoes had been in the oven long enough to be processed but in the meantime, what does one do?? Well, with the stove pulled out from the corner, the walls and floors got cleaned really well, and in behind the fridge got vacuumed out good, but I worried about the outcome. A call to Harry's brother did not help much (he is an appliance repair person) because as he says, everything is now electronic and enclosed inside on a motherboard. He replaced a motherboard and it cost almost 400.00. So we just left the stove sit for awhile to cool down and get over it's pissy fit! Once put back into place and plugged it, it started to work again. At least the burners and clock is working - we haven't tried the oven yet. I am thinking that the stuff in the pan was sending off so much steam that it shut the controls down. At least I 'll go with that for now since I really haven't got a clue! And I'm back to having the gastro problems again and very uncomfortable with it all. I will try to manage it on my own but if this continues much longer I actually may have to consult my Doctor. Although, come the end of October it will be time for my annual visit so probably will mention it in passing during that appointment. Hope you both are managing your issues OK - and glad I was around to pace the halls of the ERs with you both haha. Just heard on the news that Phyllis Diller has died - it seems that so many of the oldies are going. I'm listening mostly to the radio now and I don't even turn on the CTV 6 o'clock news. We ordered a pizza take out for supper tonight - too much going on in the kitchen with ovens, and tomatoes and pickles etc. But, I was shocked when I went to pick it up - how much do you think a large deluxe pizza should cost??? With taxes included, it was $33.08. I think that was a little too much for what we got, but then we haven't ordered pizza much and I must be really out of the picture anymore. Or, maybe I should open a pizza place!! Oh, but I would need an oven that works, wouldn't I!  I searched and searched my stuff today to try to find my crochet hooks and knew I  had a bag of them because in looking at my book Prayer Shawls  I started to want to produce something. So I now have the wool, and the hooks, and the Book. All that is missing is a little time to spare. Maybe when winter comes?  Well, the dishes are awaiting, and then to bed to read. I bicycled over to the grocery store on Sat for a used book sale. Yes, I pedalled and thoroughly enjoyed myself even going up hills which is very hard on the legs. I bought a Clive Cussler book I have not read, and a Wilbur Smith book. I read Wilbur Smith years and years ago and have always wanted to try him again. Both cost me a total of $1.00 and a few sore muscles! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment