Saturday, August 4, 2012

Finally......

I never thought my holidays would start. (I also never thought I would get back into the blog!)  It is also raining here today.  We have had over 2 inches since yesterday.  Our first rain in ages.  Today is Jim's 65th birthday.  I guess the rain was a present for him.  I gave him a card. (generous, aren't I?)  I don't think much will get done around the house today.  I want to do nothing and it is Jim's day to do nothing.  I might last until noon before I go nuts.  I went to bed really early last night.  I skipped meat draw and the last thing I remember is April and her family arriving for a visit. Cory says that Jim needs new wheel bearings for the quad.  It is 12 years old and we doubt the wheel bearings have ever been changed.  Elmer has been moping around the house missing Heather, but a new lady elephant has moved in and he has his eye on her. I guess it wasn't really true love with Heather.  I am not sure of the new neighbours name, but it might be Elsabet. We should find out later.  Kik is making breakfast today, in honour of Jim's birthday.  He has put in his order.  It is so cool out that we really should cook a roast or something in the oven, but we are having Chinese tonight.  I have no plans for my holidays, except  I expect the garden to be going nuts on me. We will be having an office shower for Patty next week.  I am not sure of the day because Mallorie was off on Thursday and Friday and Shirley was sick on Friday so no decision was made.  Yes, your count is right.  That left Elizabeth and I on Friday.  I am glad the week is over.  My month end didn't work out either.  Poor Patty will be stuck with it when she gets back.  I am $2.18 out and I know where it is from, but I don't know how to fix it.  They were supposed to call me from Winnipeg last week, but I never heard.   I left a note of apology for Patty and told her to call Evelyn in Winnipeg.  She didn't know how to fix it, but she was going to ask Derrick.  I love challenging people.  I will keep you posted as my "holiday' progresses.  Hopefully I will have to do nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment