Saturday, August 25, 2012

Somber moods, or whatever....

I think we all get into this kind of mood about this time of year. For me, it is the thought of fall cleanup and prep for winter which leads to prep for spring and then the cycle starts all over again! Sounds like fun?? My enthusiasm about the yard and garden is waning quickly as I see all the produce that has to be dealt with, and all the cleanup that will need to be done. Harry has gone off to his garage sales and markets and I look at the housework, and wash and vegetables sitting on the table saying to me "I need you to do something with me please" And then I think about going to the library this morning to pick up the two books I ordered through Library exchange - they are both in so how shall I ever read them both in two weeks I ask myself, but then I can always renew for an additional two weeks if need be. I just checked the Lotto Max numbers and guess what, my track record is still intact! ( ie no winning) Yesterday we woke up to a flat tire on the van- after the long drive to KL and back on Thursday, I am thankful the tire held together until we were safely at home. So the garage came to tow it off and we ended up buying four new tires as we knew the others badly needed replacing. I guess things happen for a reason, and the flat tire was saying - "its time to buy new tires before you get stranded on the highway" The van does a lot of mileage and is used so frequently to carry things back and forth, it is essential that we do not take any chances. Hard to believe it is end of August already - I think that all Spring I was looking so forward to my trip that the time slipped by slowly, but far too quickly if that makes any sense, and that my focus was only on July and before I knew it, that was over and here we are at end of August. A friend once told me that she always plans an event for the future such as a trip or vacation or special event so that she has something to look forward to and this always gives her a reason to carry on with great anticipation. I think she was on to something there, but, now I can't think of anything special to look forward to, so maybe I better plan another trip west?? haha  Well, the vegetables are getting a bit loud yelling at me, so I better go. Have a good weekend all, and take care

No comments:

Post a Comment