Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rough day

Yesterday we went to pick up the car.  Sitting in the office, we started going through the paperwork.  When he asked for the money, I reached into the envelope and --nothing.  Where was the bank draft?  Frantic trip home, going through all of the garbage, all of the papers in the recycling bin, all of the files we keep in the bankers box--nothing.  Had we lost a $20,000 bank draft? Tears, and wailing, worries we were going to have to sellthe house to pay it back.  But finally we found the right envelope on the side of the fridge, where we normally only keep papers needed for medical appointments.  So back to the dealership and pick up the car.  David wanted to find out when we needed to schedule our first oil change, so as to maintain our warrantee, and while he was doing that, I waited in the car, in front of the dealership. Suddenly here was the salesman , and the financial officer frantically checking the front of the car for the VIN number.  It seems they had the wrong VIN number on all of the paperwork.  So back inside and re-do all of the paperwork. Did I mention how hot and humid it was?  I don't do hot and humid well, and was just about a basket case when we got away from there.  But I did drive it back to our side of the city!!

We wanted to get our insurance sorted out right away, so headed straight to the mall and our agency.  In to the washroom where I washed my face with a damp towel and felt marginally better, picked up my new purse, only to have the handle fall off.  When David checked it, all of the hardware was loose.  He took some off one area to re-attach the handle, but I was hot, humid and upset, so off we went to return the purse--if we could.  It took quite awhile, and David was having a problem with parking the car.  He didn't have enough points on his card for parking, and I didn't have a card.  More ,humid and frantic fuss. I went to arrange to get a new card, while David searched out the gift shop manager.  They were very accommodating about returning the purse, even if I didn't have the shoulder strap.  They even gave me a plastic bag to carry all of my stuff from out of the purse.  It took awhile but I got my $$ back, but by that time, we were both ready for happy hour, so ended up in the bar, where we used my newly returned points to buy supper.  We still had a list of chores, but decided to call it a day.

Overall, the past couple of weeks have been an emotional roller coaster.  So much pleasure in seeing Beth, but so much emotion around health issues, and borrowing money, and making the decision to ,not  one, but two large purchases.  By noon today, after finishing the chores, I was still a basket case and ended up sleeping for two hours.  Today, I'm very grateful that I have new bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment