Thursday, August 30, 2012

new skills

When we had all of the trouble with the computers, the girl showed me a how to copy things.  When this happened once before, they recovered all of the files from the broken computers and put them all under a couple of  icons on the screen.  When I needed something out of the file, I had to go to the icon and open it and then find the file for use.  However, this time she did a part of the recovery while I was watching, and I noticed she was taking the files from the icon on screen and copying them right into the area where I where I would want them.  In fact she had both areas open on the screen at the same time, so I know that can be done, and actually found the key to do it, but lost it again.

The secret is in a right click of the mouse.  I start by highlighting what I want to copy, then right click on it.  A screen comes up with options, and I choose copy( left click).  I minimize the screen I'm on and open up an area where I want the information to be, and right click again and the paste option comes up.  Left click and everything is copied, even into an e-mail.

I'm still playing with this and I'm not sure how far I can go, and will still continue to play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment