Sunday, August 26, 2012

Still Somber

but perhaps this is just the other side of the excitement I was experiencing when I finished my latest piece.  David put the dowel in it yesterday and we were able to hang it.  Wow!  In a vertical position, and with light on it, the quilting just sings.  I sure hope we can find a well lit place for it in the gallery.  The gallery has two areas--open to each other in one room, but distinct areas,-- and the lighting is not good in one of them.

This morning I decided to indulge myself and had toast with MAPLE cinnamon sugar.  A very nice treat.  Thank you Beth.  And yesterday, I started cutting up the African fabric.  I've done my calculations and this is going to be a long term project.  It will take a lot more fabric than the African stuff I have, so I will probalby use some of my hand dyes as well.  I'll try to post pictures as I go.

Yesterday there was some sort of celebration a the church across the street.  At the end of the afternoon there was a flurry of picture taking on the lawn, and we wondered what was going on.  Our best guess was that it was some sort of significant wedding anniversary, as an elderly couple appeared to be the main feature of the pictures.  Made me think.  This year we are celebrating 47 years married.  If I want to do something special for 50 years, I need to figure out what that would be, so that plans can be made, and $$$ found.  Considering that it will be mid-winter, it will have to be indoors.  For sure, I want a picture in the paper, and that will mean something better than a passport photo.  As you said, Beth, the best part of any event is the planning and anticipation.

Tomorrow the car goes in to have its "ouch" fixed.  Painting is involved, so we will have to leave it over night, and find ourselves a rental.  Since David made a bit of a fuss over getting the cost of the rental covered, he is glad of the trip to Selkirk, just to make sure that there is some mileage recorded.

Came across more information on the internet, pointing out that people who actually express/record up to 3 things for which they are grateful, everyday, are generally much happier. And, that doing so can increase a persons perception of their degree of happiness. So today, I am grateful for the fact that we made & froze some apple pies last fall.  By cooking the last one today, I can make Sunday supper a little more special without too much effort.  I am also grateful, yet again, for David, who has offered to raise my work table to a better height for cutting African fabric.  He has also offered to help cut, and to help take the table down again for my private student, on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment