Friday, August 24, 2012

housebound

Yep, haven't really left the house in a few days, except for my morning bike ride.  Been spending time in the studio, and finished my piece--which has to be delivered to the gallery by Monday morning.  Thank Goodness, we will have a rental car on Monday, as the car finally goes in to the body shop first thing Monday.  The trip out to Selkirk will just cost us the gas, which we would have had to pay anyway.  I still haven't got my blogger toolbar back on the laptop, so I guess I'm going to have to do something about it.

But this just means that I don't have much to say.The house hasn't been cooling down at night so I haven't been sleeping.  I'm about half way through the book I started on Tuesday, when I usually finish at least one a day.  I wonder if this is what they call the dog days or lazy days of summer.

I hope everyone is well, and busy in their gardens.  Must be harvest time for both of you.  David is still watering, and we're still worried about the rhubarb root that hasn't been doing well this year.  The ferns in front of the house are all brown now, but I think they often are by the end of August. However, we're seeing a lot of growth on the Christmas Cacti, and it must be a lot, or we wouldn't be noticing it.  Having said all of that, the leaves are turning and falling.  We've noticed it in our tree, and along Kildonan Drive this morning through Fraser Grove Park, during our ride.  Sort of a sad time, or maybe I'm just in a somber mood.  Perhaps I should just be quiet now and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment