Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crazy times

The stress continues.  Last Friday evening, I tried to download a new e-magazine, and ran into trouble.  In trying to find a solution to the problem, I went to a site that was Microsoft recommended and Norton certified as safe. As a result I was 'hacked".  Before leaving for the lake on Saturday morning, we took my laptop into the "Geek Squad" to be checked out, and they suggested, that as the two were connected in a network, we might want to check out the desk top as well.  They also suggested that I cancel my credit cards, and any other banking information that might be on the computers. So that was done.  We have been without either computer since then, but got the laptop back today (Ka-ching, ka-ching).  It has been completely cleaned out out and now we have to set up everything--everything-- we had on there. The desktop only needed to have 19 viruses removed( Ka-ching, ka-ching), and we may get it back tomorrow.  ( It is 18 months old and quite obsolete--or so we were told. Amazement was also expressed that the 4 year old laptop was still viable)The Geek Squad is coming on Sunday to install an external hard drive ( ka-ching)that will serve as a back up to all of our files, as this is the second time in less than  two years that we've had to pay for a full recovery.  ( Ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching)  It looks as though he may have to set up some of the programs on my computer as well, including my e-mail.  We haven't paid for anything more than the external hard drive, so I hope there is no problem.

The good news is that, even if I have no e-mail, and I'm being watched carefully to make sure I don't do anything stupid again, I was able to get into the blog.  I was worried about the need to live on Kraft Dinner for the rest of the month, but David pointed out that we were out of Kraft Dinner, so that wasn't an option.  It also looks as though we won't be buying a new camera any time soon, so there will be no pictures.  You'll just have to use your imagination, Beth, in terms of how to turn a hat into a goldfish bowl.  I did get a lot of dyeing done, not all of it useful, even if I've tried to overdye the worst of it--unsuccessfully.

New underwear is always a treat.  Does yours have polka dots? 

For today, I'm grateful for a line-of-credit.  'Nuff said?

No comments:

Post a Comment