Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Farewell to the turtle...

It died two nights ago. It had been failing for some time so not surprised. So yesterday I spent some time to clean the tank and put it away. I cleaned the filter machine and put it into a box. The rocks were taken outside and now are placed in the garden as a border. The tank is just overturned outside - likely turn into a planter, or go to the dump. The most remarkable thing is the absolute "quiet" - no noise from the filter that for so long monopolized the room. There is now an empty space where the tank once occupied on the large two shelf sturdy table bought especially for the tank - I wonder how long before it is taken over haha! I worked in the yard all day and accomplished a great deal - always satisfying to see your progress. This afternoon as I worked, I could hear the strumming of a guitar at one of the neighbours - I don't know which one but I found it very enjoyable. Obviously whoever was playing was not a real experienced player, but nonetheless, still very soothing and pleasant. A real treat. Now I am going to have a bath and head for bed. Tomorrow we go to North Bay early to attend Armed Forced celebrations. Sunday evening we were surprised by Mike and Erin dropping through on their way back to North Bay from Newmarket. It was her birthday and had gone down to her home to celebrate over the weekend. Isn't it funny that I had the feeling all day that he might drop in and so thankful to see him Always a good event for me. We, too, are experiencing colder weather and especially at night - we have been watching closely in case we have to get out and start spraying water on the plants in the early hours as I haven't covered anything and as everything is planted now, there is no way that I could! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment