Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tea and Cinnamon Buns

Rrain came back from the lake yesterday morning and brought me cinnamon buns from the Whitehouse Bakery. (Still warm!)  The tea she ordered for me came in last week, so this morning I am having Earl Grey tea and a cream cheese cinnamon bun.  What more could I ask for.  This month both our granddaughter and our goddaughter turned 18 and graduated from high school.  Talk about feeling old!  We couldn't get to Alberta for Maddie's grad, but yesterday we went to Kellie's grad in McCreary.  It was a fun time.  She graduated with honours and won 2 awards.  And we even got to go to the supper.  With such a small school they were allowed more than 3 extra supper tickets.  There were 17 of us at Kellie's table.  Jim & I were home before 8:30.   We worked meat draw on Friday night, so today I am going to putter.  I don't even have supper planned.  It is raining right now, so even a BBQ may be out of the question.  I have so many small things I need to get through and it seems that doing one, leads to another job.  I have a week off coming up, and by the end of it I hope to have all my ACT records sorted and up to date; the house cleaned (vacuum & dust at least): the wood cut and the garden weeded (yet again.... darn things keep growing!)  Knowing me, I will spend too much time sitting outside reading and not enough doing real work.  Oh well... what are holidays for.  I also booked 2 weeks in a row off in August.  I am not sure who changed their mind on holidays but some time opened in August and I grabbed it. You really need more than one week in order to really relax.  You asked about Walmart.   If I am in Brandon I usually stop there, but there is too much stuff and the shelves are way to high.  I can get lost in grocery stores so you can imagine how I feel about Walmart.  I used to enjoy going to the mall and walking around all the stores and never having to leave the building.  Now there are all these big stores and you have to be outside to go between them and it almost seems worth driving from store to store.  Just because the idea worked in California doesn't mean it is suited to Manitoba winters. There... I have vented.   Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment