Saturday, June 15, 2013

perfect moment

Sometimes I wish we could preserve these short perfect moments, but, I guess, if we could always access them, they wouldn't be so precious to us.  The first step is to recognize them when they creep up on us, and the second step is to acknowledge them when they happen, accepting the brevity, and feeling the joy.

Little going on here.  I'm working hard in the studio, but can now work down there without an extra sweat jacket or sweater. Today, June 14,2013, my husband and I made the decision to turn off the furnace. I can never remember it happening so late in the season--we are just one week shy of the Solstice, for Pete's sake!!  David continues to putter in the garden,and today, the neighbour across the back dug up his garden, ready for planting.  They don't have a lot of space but usually manage some tomatoes, corn and carrots.

Amber dropped in yesterday to drop off a Father's Day card.  She told us that she has received a promotion at work, and will have to work in the office for about two years, but may be able to go back to telecommuting after that.  For that time they are thinking about turning the office into a bedroom, which will make things much easier when the other Grandma comes to stay.  She often does, if Amber has to be away for any period, and I think they pay her a bit for helping out, which helps her, as well. The interesting thing is that Amber had planned to take 6 weeks off over  the summer, as she did last year.  The new job starts at the beginning of July.  Amber goes in for one week of training, and then takes her six weeks of LOA. Sure wasn't like that when we were working!  Remember how I had to miss your wedding,  Beth, because I had just started a new job?

No comments:

Post a Comment