Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Walmarts

Funny you should mention Walmart today as we went to Huntsville this morning and shopped in Walmart. This is a supercentre store and as you say, everything including a full grocery store. We wanted to pick up a few things to wrap for Mike as his birthday is this weekend and we are going to celebrate with him on Friday. I have to make a rhubarb pie and rhubarb crumble to take at his request. And today I spoke with him and asked what he wished for a meal - you will never guess! Bangers and Mash. He likes this and says he still has some deer sausage from his hunting last fall to eat and so would I make this dish. What ever happened to KFC or pizza? But back to Walmart - the store in North Bay is being enlarged to create another supercentre and it is really far too big. We don't shop there much anyway, but I do go in to get pictures developed from the camera at their photo shop when I need to. We go into the Mall infrequently and when we do we park in a little off shot lot at the far side - Harry calls it  "your parking lot" because I like it better than trying to manipulate into the cramped close quarters of the Walmart parking lot. So I guess you and I Patty have the same feelings about it, eh? Cathy do you go to a Walmart in Brandon when you go there?
After supper tonight while I was doing the dishes, a very nauseous smell started to drift into the window from the back room. It smelled like nail polish remover or something similar. I started to get all worried and went several times into the back room to investigate. I opened the big windows to get fresh air but still was worried. So I started an intensive search - this is a room filled with boxes full of stuff by the way. My nose took me to a box and further looking revealed some tins including a tin of spray enamel. And the bottom of the box was wet. So out the door with it and confirmed this was the source. I asked Harry to check the tin and for some reason it had leaked from the bottom and soaked into the cardboard and onto the rug a bit. But, I solved the problem and was able to head for bed with peace of mind. I just finished the final novel of five of the Patrick Bower series by Steven James I bought for my Ereader. I enjoyed every one of them - great thrillers and always a twist at the end. Now I can get started on the Inferno by Dan Brown. I bought it for the Ereader a few weeks ago but did not want to start it until I was finished the others. I called an old friend on Sunday as it was her birthday. I was friends with her in Victoria and we have remained in contact usually once a year at birthdays or Christmas. She never got into the computers or emails  but on Sunday said she had just got an IPad and was learning to use it. So we exchanged email addresses and perhaps I will be able to enhance another friendship in this manner. They live in Petawawa which is really not that far. She said they have booked a 6 months world cruise for next year and "why don't we think about joining them" Anyway I thanked her but said it wouldn't be possible. Wow! If I go anywhere it will be back to see you folks. Better get to bed. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment