Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekends

I spent the weekend in Hargrave Manitoba and a board planning session.  This was for ACT.  We had strategic planning on Saturday and our meeting on Sunday.  I think it was a very productive weekend.  The board members had a chance to interact on a Social level on Saturday night and we learned a lot about each other.  Jim drove me to #1, where I was picked up by Ron, from Winnipeg.  I now know, thanks to the weekend,that Ron is 88 years old and a WWII vet.  He has been a single parent twice in his life and has travelled so far and wide and has so many experiences.  I want to be like that when I get older.  He put my age into perspective.  I feel young again.  I also found out the one board member that I have been on and off the board with for the last 15 years, is an Aggie Dip, who graduated one year before me.  We were at U of M at the same time.  I found out that Hazel spins her own wool and Genny quilts.  A weekend well spent.   Kik is at Clear Lake for the week.  Her co-worker has once again loaned her her cabin ( I use the term loosely) Last year Kik had to help her clean in exchange.  this year it is a different cabin and Kik has to paint the fireplace.  It is so generous of Kathleen to do this.  Painting a fireplace is not going to take 5 days.  She should have it done by now.  I have another week off in two weeks.  That is what I am working towards right now. Work should be easier because Brandon is no longer sending us 25 documents a day.  Most of them were discharges, which become my responsibility.   The garden recovered from the frost (with a number of replantings), so we shall have salsa again this year.  We are getting down and starting to count the jars before we take one.  It may be father's day, but Jim saw how tired I was when I got home and he made supper.  I promised him something special on Tuesday.  I am just trying to stay awake until at least 9pm. It's only 7:45, and I am fading fast.  I don't regret being tired.  The weekend was worth it.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment