Saturday, June 1, 2013

cold

It has been cold here. And wet. It is June 1st and my furnace is still on, and working.  I have been working in the studio.  Yesterday I finished a scrap quilt.  Suitable for a child, about 40" square, and made mainly from scraps that I acquired from other people.  One piece had been on my design wall for about 5 years.  Just over a month ago, my friend Shirley gave me some scraps to donate to the quilting group at the local Active Living Centre, and there was one that was perfect with the small piece I had.  After taking the rest into the Centre, I found another piece in the scrap pile there that was just as good.  The final piece came from somewhere,and had been in my stash for years, but I know I sure wouldn't have bought it!  The colour in the full view is most accurate. it is very simply quilted, except in the outer border where I decided to practice my "plumes"


Then today I spent a fair bit of time doing some hand work on a small picture I'm making for the sale in July.  This picture has been "in progress" for a couple of years, but now I'm determined to get it finished.  I may be able to post a picture soon.

Otherwise, David has spent a fair bit of time in the garden.  We have bloom on the lady slippers, and buds in the Lily-of-the-Valley.  The Nanking Cherries have bloomed, but it's too early to see any sign of setting fruit.  We have had our first picking of Rhubarb.  It looks like we're going to have to split the Hosta this year, and the front flower bed is soon going to be overrun with ferns.  Probably not really overrun as David is quite vigilant about digging them up if they grow in the wrong place.  Tomorrow evening is Gillian's dance recital.  David doesn't go with me, but rather drops me off and picks me up.

Today I managed the basement stairs with a reciprocal gait.  I haven't been able to do this for some time, so I am grateful for the improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment