Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday again

I agree that we may finally be frost free for a while.  We lost a number of tomatoes and peppers to frost last weekend.  We covered everything we could the first night but still lost some the second night it was only supposed to hit 4 above as the low...... it was 3 below here and more plants were lost.  We only have 2 jalapenos left and I am hoping that at least 2 of our Sweet Chelsea tomatoes will make it. Jim was able to replace the green peppers and the hot banana peppers and bought some Super Fantastic tomatoes just so we would have some extra.  We have only 3 Roma's left, but since I use them only in sauce and salsa as a "thickener" we will survive.  All the potatoes turned black, but being a root crop they are all coming back. We replanted all the beans, and the peas came through unscathed.  A killing frost in June!!!  We were supposed to have lots of rain Friday night through Saturday but our patio stones are barely damp.  They are saying rain tonight, but I think we better water the garden anyway.  That will bring the rain for sure.  We met some people from BC last week.  They stopped at the legion for a drink.  The had driven across Canada to the East Coast and were on their way home.  They liked Neepawa so much that they stayed for 3 days. They visited the Museum twice and came to the legion everyday around 4.  Needless to say we made a point of showing up too.  It was like meeting a lifelong friend that you had never met before (if you know what I mean) Jim just got up.  I finally went downstairs at 4am to wake him up and get him to bed.  He says he had just fallen asleep and was awake most of the time.  Hmmmmmmmmm.  My friend Dennis is coming over for supper tonight.  His wife,Lynne, is house sitting in Barbados for a couple of months.  Keri is coming too and I am roasting a small turkey.  We talked about BBQ, but with all the rain in the forecast (yeah, right) we decided this would be a good time for the turkey.  Then, back to work.  Oh joy.  At least I get some extra money for all the work I do.  We have a "Teranet Celebration" committee on the go now.  They want this takeover to be a big event for all Teranet employees in Manitoba and in Ontario.   Of course we have no budget to work with so it will be interesting.  For a company that is so IT heavy, Teranet is not equipped for video conferences.  It has to be done in person or on the phone.  That is one thing that they have said they might have to look into for themselves.  They have never had the need before.  I am on the inter-provincial commitee for the celebration so I guess my future holds some teleconferences.  Time to clean the kitchen for my company.  We can't eat downstairs 'cause it smells so bad from the dogs.  It bothers me and there is no way that Keri could eat down there.  And, of course, it will be raining so we can't eat outside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment