Sunday, June 9, 2013

Quiet perhaps but still around....

I just read your Mouse Factory blog and very interested in your activity "frenzy" and happy that things are moving along nicely - in the right direction for you! The little handbags must be a good seller and I can tell from the pictures you posted a while back that they are an eye catcher. Same old here - yard work - especially with such good weather and perhaps no more threats of frost in the immediate future. I did get some housework accomplished yesterday while Harry went to garage sales but then it was into the yard. He bought a 6'X8' Shelter to put up outside to house the lawnmowers and rototillers etc laying around. It meant purchasing 20 cement blocks to lay as a foundation and then construct this shed. I got the instructions and all the pieces organized and then it went up with some issues but overall not too bad a job! I apparently do not know how to work ratchet devices and there were eight that needed to be attached to the straps on all sides of the tarps that lay over the framework. Anyway, it is still standing this morning so hope for the best. Had to transplant a rose tree that I have had for years - it was in the middle of the spot we chose for the shed. It has been moved to another spot and I am hoping it will survive nicely as it produces beautiful flowers although a bit of a rogue tree - sort of like a wild rose bush but grew into a tree all on it's own haha  Harry also bought a record player and it fits nicely into the spot left from the turtle tank. It plays records and cassettes so I will have to dig out some of my old records that I used to love to listen to. Well, the days breaks and time for my second coffee and get ready for another day. The cats are chasing each other because yesterday I found the catnip bag hidden under the chesterfield and now they are all going crazy. Fun to watch! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment