Friday, June 28, 2013

long weekend - Happy Canada Day

Do you have any celebration plans? We will likely listen to the fireworks on Saturday night from the front window - we can see the higher ones but not the smaller ground ones but it's still close enough for me. What a terrible storm yesterday afternoon - lightening and thunder right over the house it was so close and loud and then rain. The pump couldn't keep up with the rain, and with the lightening there was no way I could shovel it away. So it accumulated about 3 - 4 inches on the sidewalk but fortunately not over the basement window sill. It cleared up a bit about 5:00 pm so we decided to go out for supper. We went to the local restaurant that we've been to before. It was a catastrophe. They were busy as a party of about 16 had reserved a section. I ordered fish and when I cut into it, it was not cooked. Now, I like sushi, but not raw fish on a plate haha  They took my plate away and came back with an entire new order. I ate the fish but nothing else as I had already eaten potato and veg from the first plate. The owner did not charge for the desserts we had, to apologize for the error, but I left not having enjoyed the outing. It will be awhile before I will go back. This leaves us few local choices - not that we go out often but when we do, I like to think I get my monies worth. Doing lots of work in the yard and the garden is really growing now. Trying to clean up the little gazebo we have - it has been filled with junk for years but now want to clear it out and paint it again so it can be used for sitting. I always liked to sit there right by the pond. The waterfront is now all set up for summer. The docks are in, and the swimming/diving platforms are out in the deeper area of the water. I took the dog down tonight and lots of people in the water, and sitting by the water. It really is a very nice area although I still like to go early in the morning when Scooby and I are usually all alone. I went into the local Foodland to buy a pie for supper and I have never seen so many people shopping. Not hard to tell it is the Friday of the first long weekend of the summer. The tourists have arrived!!
Have a good weekend, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment