Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Research

Lately I've been enjoying Cafe Mocha from Tim Horton's ( made with decaf, of course).  I had the opportunity to try it at McDonald's a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday tried it  at Starbuck's while out with my friend Shirley.  Just to confirm my findings, I had another one at McDonald's last evening.  At Tims it is $2.30 (incl tax) for a medium and tastes quite fine.  At Mcdonald's it is $3.60 for a medium, and tastes very, very nice.  Starbucks charged me $4.98, and was just "ho hum".  Obviously McDonald's is trying to compete with Starbucks, and in my opinion, winning the competition hands down.  But since we are "living on the pension", I think I'll stay with Tims, except on special occasions.

Poor Shirley has been battling Shingles for the past couple of months. This has really knocked her for a loop, maybe because of her age, as she is 80+.  She has only been dressing for short periods lately, after spending almost a month doing nothing but lying on her couch without clothing.  She is a very "social animal" and has been suffering almost as much from "cabin fever" as the Shingles. It was nice to see her out, even if only for a few minutes, but she talked non-stop, and my head was spinning after our visit.

After our coffee, I stopped in a WalMart for a couple of things.  They have re-modeled our local store.  We went through almost two years of construction and parking lot chaos, as the parking lot had to be re-vamped along with the store.  For some reason they decided to put a traffic circle along one side of the lot, and when I was there yesterday, they are now working on that again.  My best guess is that they are installing some sort of barrier between the parking area and the traffic circle/roadway that runs along side of it.  The overall result is that while they have doubled the size of the store, bringing in groceries, and now keeping it open 24 hours, at the same time they have cut the size of the parking lot in half and are now making it almost impossible to get into.  I am unhappy with the interior of the store as well, and can see that I will be shopping there less often. Or maybe I'm just turning into a crotchety old woman.

Today it's back to the studio.  Having fun down there

No comments:

Post a Comment